Monday, February 14, 2011

McFatty Monday-Valentine's Edition

Well, this McFatty Monday isn't so bad. I'm at 167, which I can't complain about since I'm officially lighter now than two weeks ago. Last Monday I had gained and so this past week I've tried to be pretty diligent. We celebrated Valentine's Day on Saturday night since that's when the in-laws could watch Sarah, and went to Cheddars. It was DELICIOUS and I totally blew my healthy eating. Alfredo sauce and two drinks later, I felt sure I would have gained for this week. But I worked out every day and Sunday ate well, so maybe one bad night won't totally sabotage everything for me.

One thing I've changed during this past week is drinking protein shakes every morning for breakfast. 3-5 days a week I work out in the morning before breakfast, and two days a week I work out at grad school in the awesome new student activity center that just opened. From what I was reading, protein would really help me burn fat and build lean muscle, which my abs definitely need!

Here's how I make it and drink it every morning:

1 Scoop of chocolate muscle milk powder (150 calories)


myY_v5DuobU7CWyBx9qDym9iXWPRNdFgZvXy4TkSNtb3A2alUmdRwWq4LJZPwSEln_DbC-SDntW1hNfl7DTWJrtTIJ4iPe4tlqdCQF1mStGNFNF94Ns_nXrlHgTaxEW5ctI2u_9z8l89DcN2-cam6rtxA6SsEpLx4Vi_7iRXjm3FOm5ci8ANaaxiRbSuwuYD.jpg


4 oz of water + 4 oz of milk 

1 TBS peanut butter
21dGw1R6pRL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I'm considering buying some of the natural peanut butter so that it's lower in sugar and everything, but for now, this is what we have at the house so that's what I'm going to use. We don't have the kind of money to be pitching such a huge thing of peanut butter just because it's not natural, so we'll see how it goes until then! 

The breakfast comes out to about 300 calories and it's filling which is great. I'm also drinking a metric ton of water it seems, and while that keeps me going to the bathroom and I have flashbacks of nursing my daughter while guzzling water, it seems to be helping me lose weight; I cheated and weighed this past Saturday morning before I knew I"d kill my healthy eating and I weighed 165.4! woo hoo!! Talk about motivation!

No comments:

Post a Comment