Saturday, February 26, 2011

Shellac Manicure

Okay, so I've been hearing some good things about the Shellac Manicure. I decided to give it a try, so I went to a salon here in town. It's $23 at my salon, which was the cheapest I found; everyone else ran $25- $30. It claims to last at least two weeks, sometimes three. I'm very very hard on my nails; I cook a lot, and I clean a lot. What I didn't want was acrylic, fiberglass, or gel nails. I have very healthy nails and besides that, I can't have fake nails in my industry. It turns out you can't feel around in someone's mouth very comfortably with fake nails, and it's a health risk. So Shellac, here I come! Here are some pics of my finished product! Please don't mind the pictures, a hand model I am not! My hands are small and short, so I just do the best I can with what I have!


I went with a french manicure; the nail tech said that the french manicure lasts the longest between manicures, which is my goal. 

Close up! 

Please don't mind my lovely stack of stuff to put away that Sarah pulled out of the closet!



And now for some fun stuff! There's snow on the ground right now, but we had a lovely streak of warm (70s) weather and took some fun pictures!
Sarah after eating an ice cream sandwich dessert at a fun kid-themed restaurant in our area!

Sarah and Daddy playing on the teeter-totter

Daddy loves his little girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment