Monday, March 28, 2011

McFatty monday after vacation!

One of the greatest things about still being a student while all of my other friends have actual jobs is that I get a Spring Break! And my hubs works from home, so he can take one with me! So we went on vacation this week, which is the reason for the lack of posts last week. Before I left on vacation, I weighed 163.4 and this morning, after no exercise last week and eating only semi-well, I weigh 164.2. So I gained less than a pound (but just barely!).

I link up to McFatty Monday over on The Heir to Blair where she is chronicling her baby weight loss, too! Her question today was what motivates me to lose weight. I can tell you absolutely, it's not the number on the scale. I want to look good for myself, not anyone else. I don't need to be a size 2 to look good for me. I just want to be a size 6, what I wore before Sarah. Right now, I'm a size 10ish. Sometimes I can do an 8, but mostly it's a 10. And that size 10 is directly related to my tummy flab. My skin got stretched TO INFINITY AND BEYOND with Sarah and I have the stretch marks to prove it. You know they're bad when you're getting prepped for a C-Section and the nurse comments on them. Yeah, folks, she commented in front of a pregnant woman in pre-term labor. The results were not pretty for her. The results of pregnancy were also not pretty on my body. But I've come a long way, and I have a long way to go. At least 2 pant sizes, to be exact. Because while I'm a 10 maybe 8, I'd like to be a 4-6. I wore a 4 or a 2 (GASP!) when I got married a short 3.5 years ago. So my success isn't weighing 120 pounds. It's wearing a size that I know I feel I look good in. A size 10 is a good start though, and seeing myself go from a 12 to a 10 is definitely motivation!

3 comments:

  1. I'm in the same boat as you! That baby flab, it sure is a pain!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, PS - found you on Heir to Blair. I link up too {weight} check

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also trying to get rid of the baby belly.

    Im your new follower from McFatty Monday :)

    ReplyDelete