Monday, March 7, 2011

Oh, McFatty Monday, you came so soon!

McFatty Monday is like any other Monday; it comes way to soon. I'll go ahead and just say that I'm not weighing this morning. My kid was horribly sick this week and I did NOT do well on eating or working out; largely because I only ate what I could hold in one hand while she slept on me from Tuesday through Saturday morning. This week, though, I'm back at it. Hopefully she won't be sick and I can really get in there and lose some weight. Last week I started back going to bootcamp on Monday nights and I will go again tonight, even if that means that Mike is putting Sarah down (she only wants mama to put her down).

Last night, I went over to the in-laws' and walked on their treadmill. I need to go walking this morning. Sarah and I are so awesome we go mall walking with the senior citizens a couple times per week. We are by far the youngest ones there, but they love seeing Sarah.

I have a friend who's lost a ton of weight by only eating 1200 calories/day and no more than 20 grams of fat/day, as well as exercising at least 1 hour per day. I think this sounds like an effective way to lose weight, but not a way to keep it off long-term. My goal is to lose it slowly, and keep it off.

So, my game plan for this week:
Protein shake or smoothie for breakfast (like normal, but unlike what happened last week)
Sensible Lunch (salad, soup, etc)
PORTION CONTROL for dinner: 
Ya'll, I can cook. My Mama and Grandmama taught me to cook, and people like what I cook, but you will not lose weight on it. As I type I have 8 sticks of butter in my fridge and the large size carton of cream. My Grandmama would be proud. She's probably smiling down from heaven on my refrigerator. The cream will be used this week, as will probably half of the butter. It may kill me, but if butter and cream are wrong I don't want to be right! So for dinner I eat half of a serving and a big salad to fill me up. I know if I don't have my comfort food, I won't feel satisfied. So there's the game plan for this week! Here goes nothing!
Ashley

1 comment:

  1. Good luck this week! I think it's great that you know what you need to feel satisfied and have committed to eating it only in moderation. ...So many people (ahem.. me) totally bomb b/c they deny themselves so much then go crazy (ahem.. banana pudding).

    ReplyDelete